Followers

Popular Posts

Powered by Blogger.

Template By INTERIOR

Sunday, June 22, 2008

Oh No, I've created a monster...


After a glorious trip to the flea markets this morning with my fellow treasure hunter Brookie, as you can see I've now developed quite a little collection of nautical pieces :) Like I mentioned before I really have no use for these amazing items in my home but I can't help but keep collecting them. I guess I'm building inventory for a future interior design/retail business? ;)


My purchases today included this gorgeous boat print very similar to these displayed in this stunning home in Nantucket. Pics are from House Beautiful via one of my favourite blogs Habitually Chic. Personally I think my boat print would look outstanding in a boys room.




The sweet vintage tins were bought on previous flea market trips but aswell as the boat print today I found this beautiful little ocean painting that was in the ugliest frame so I got rid of that. The lovely seagrass basket I found yesterday on a clearance table at a homewares store. Perfect for summer picnics at the beach or the lake. I know summer is quite a few months away for us Aussie's but when I read Julia's blog everyday I can't help but feel excited about the pending warmth and good times :)



My other purchases for the day included more vintage frames, a white urn and stunning hummingbird tin.


The frame above was perfect for a treasured old sketch of a birdhouse my beloved grandpa made. The last project he built for my mum before he died (miss you everyday Pa). I love how the gold frame really compliments the aged worn paper .

I love the provincial look of this urn. It's not as big and beautiful as yours Gail but it comes close ;)


Look at this amazing tin!^^ The colours are so vibrant and it has just the right amount of chippyness.


With all the rain Sydney has been washed with recently and being sick for over a week it was so nice to get out and about amongst one of my favourite environments again hunting for treasures through everyone elses trash :)


For anyone looking for a beautiful book dedicated to coastal living this book is THE BEST!!! Filled to the max with breathtaking images and ideas you will truly love it as much as I do :)

Gorgeous pictures are via the gorgeous blog Absolutely Beautiful Things .



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Blog Archive