Followers

Popular Posts

Powered by Blogger.

Template By INTERIOR

Thursday, April 17, 2008

Noone! does it like the French...



I was recently introduced to Miguel Meirelles european antiques store in Melbourne, Australia from Anna Spiro of Absolutely Beautiful Things.

Miguel travels three times a year to Europe to find pieces with personality for his shop, his criteria being whether he “would happily put each piece in his own house”. The shop stocks an eclectic range of antique furniture and decorative items, ranging from fine Parisian pieces to French provincial and English country furniture. Periods and styles include Louis XIV, Regence, Louis XV, Louis XVI, Directoire, Empire, Restauration, Napoleon III. Occasionally also Biedermeier, Art Nouveau, Art Deco, 1950’s and 1960’s pieces.

As you'll see, my favourite style is definately Louis XV! I can't ignore the feminine touches introduced by Madame du Barry, Madame de Pompadour and of course Queen Marie Antionette.

Browsing around this utopia I was speechless at the endless amount of exquisite items Mr Meirelles had to offer.

Of course the pieces I chose during my fantasy shopping trip have a grand total of approx $50, 000 so hahaha Anna dream on! I think I'll just have to stick with the repros ;)

A 20th century French wrought iron and brass ètabli de boulanger (baker’s stand) - This piece just about brought a tear to my eye. I have dreamed of owning a traditional french bakers stand for the longest time but have yet make my purchase *sighs* someday ;)

mid-19th century French Provincial Louis XV style Armoire - Just beautiful!!

An early 20th century Louis XV style painted and gilt Double Bed - my favourite style of bed, of course I'd prefer a queen size and reupholstered in a duck egg blue fabric ;)

An early 20th century French Louis XV style
Desk - I would probably use this as a dressing table/vanity.

A classic 19th century louis XV style Parisian trumeau mirror.

A 19th century Normandy lantern - In my opinion, iron work can never have too many scrolls ;)

An early 20th century louis style oak Chiffonière. I would love one of these lingerie chests but painted off white.

A louis style Bergère armchair - love the colour!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Blog Archive